Translate

Friday, August 10, 2012




Eating & Entertainment in Old Town Nice

Since it’s so nice to eat al frescoe during the summer in Nice, I’ve been eating out a lot at restaurants lately; and so, I went to Cours Saleya in the Old Town, to feel the lively ambiance and try out an Italian restaurant. OK, I was also curious to see if the new laws, that were recently passed, had changed the atmosphere in this tourist-filled area.

As is usual for an August evening in Nice, there were a lot of people milling about, dining out, and stall vendors selling their wares.  However, it seemed that there wasn’t the multitude of musicians, performing in front of restaurants, as in past summers….hmmm, interesting indeed!  Maybe I would be serenaded during my meal.

The restaurant had an eccletic decoration, or maybe it was truly Italian decor, and the waiter was extremely friendly and attentive.

I tried the “Pierrade,” a dish cooked at your table on a hot plate (salt kept it from sticking), served with fries (which I was craving) and salade. Not the best choice, so next time, I will try their pizza, which looked absolutely wonderful, served at a nearby table. As for the entertainment, well, it was an after-dinner performance! (video below)








No comments:

Post a Comment