Translate

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Walking Down Memory Lane in ‘La Grande Motte’

My connection to this touristy, summer getaway spot popular with French families, goes back to 2002. The town is recognizable and known for: its asymmetrically designed buildings, giving La Grande Motte a futuristic look; its sandy beaches; boat/yacht; golf; and port.

During my recent trip to Montpellier, I decided to go down memory lane and visit my old stomping ground in La Grande Motte – to be honest, I just wanted/needed to put my feet in sand! I had owned an apartment about 50 meters from the beach (en première ligne), with sea views from both the living room and master bedroom. Every morning, I would walk, with my dog, along the shore and then, wash our feet and paws before exiting the beach to buy the breakfast croissants and baguette. It is one of my fondest memories of spending summers there, and what I miss most living in Nice with its pebbly beaches.

There are many great memories, of course, one being that I saw the Gypsy Kings performing impromptu at one of the restaurants near my apartment (video below). Life goes on, but it would have been nice if I could have kept this vacation property, outside of Nice.










No comments:

Post a Comment