Translate

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Quest for a Sandy Beach near Nice

After my recent visit to La Grande Motte, I wanted to stroll again on a sandy beach around Nice (It’s no secret that I don’t care for the rocky beaches in Nice). So, I went to “la plage” in Antibes, about 17 kms/10 miles away. It was crowded, being vacation time, but still, I was able to walk along the water’s edge. The sea was warm, and I watched children playing in the sand and building castles. It felt wonderful to have my feet in the sand again – a sort of natural foot massage and exfoliation all in one! I will definitely be going back, from time to time, to enjoy this area and its relaxing ambiance.

I took in the view of the ramparts in Old Antibes and decided to have lunch in Old Antibes on my way back to Nice. The ‘formule’ (menu special) at “La Daurade” restaurant was a starter, main course, and dessert for 17€. I ordered a salad, grilled chicken, and ice cream, which was refreshing on a hot summer day. It was a nice, light lunch to end a great sandy-beach day – I even left my footprints in the sand!



No comments:

Post a Comment