Since the weather is getting warmer, and summer is just around the corner, this article, as posted in the Riviera Times, is indeed … well, timely – and good news for tourists – come and enjoy!
"Riviera beaches given blue flag
This year, more beaches than ever before in France have been awarded the prestigious Blue Flag award, marking their environmental excellence and quality of service. A wave of blue flags will now fly high on 52 beaches in the Alpes Maritimes and some 39 along the coast in the Var.
Beau Rivage beach in Nice is just one of the many blue flag beaches on the Côte d’Azur
In France, a record number of beaches across the country have been awarded the prestigious title this year, a remarkable 377 in total.
Although, there weren’t any new additions in the Var, it was good news for the Alpes Maritimes, after the Pierre au Tambour beach secured its first blue title.
Blue flag beaches 2012 in the Alpes Maritimes:
- Antibes (Les Groules, Fontonne Est, Fontonne Ouest, Pont Dulys, Antibesles-Pins Est, Antibes-les-Pins Ouest, Garoupe Est, La Gravette, La Salis, Le Ponteil, Grande-Plage-Juan les-Pins, Gallice, Marineland, Square Gould and Ponton Courbet)
- Cannes (Chantiers Navals, Trou (Roubine), Font de Veyre, Gabres, Gare Marchandises, Gazaniaire, Ile Sainte Marguerite Est, Ile Saint Marguerite Ouest, Midi, Moure Rouge, Riou, Rochers de la Bocca, Saint Georges and Sud Aviation)
- Cap d’Ail (Mala, Marquet and Pissarelles)
- Nice (Bambou, Beau Rivage, Carras, Castel, Coco Beach, Galion, Lido, Magnan and Forum)
- Vallauris (Barraya, Jeunes, Midi Centre, Midi Est, Midi Ouest, Pascalin, Poste CRS and Tetou)
- Villeneuve-Loubet (Lifeguard station number 2 and Pierre au tambour)”